1. A novel pyrazole derivative protects from ovariectomy-induced osteoporosis through the inhibition of NADPH oxidase. Sci Rep. 2016 Mar 15;6:22389.
3. Late-Onset Hypogonadism and Testosterone Replacement in Older Men. Clin Geriatr Med. 2015 Nov;31(4):631-44.
5. Effects of Active Mastication on Chronic Stress-Induced Bone Loss in Mice. Int J Med Sci. 2015 Nov 4;12(12):952-7
7. GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Treatment Increases Bone Formation and Prevents Bone Loss in Weight-Reduced Obese Women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015 Aug;100(8):2909-17.
9. Genome-Wide Chromatin Landscape Transitions Identify Novel Pathways in Early Commitment to Osteoblast Differentiation. PLoS One. 2016 Feb 18;11(2):e0148619.
2. Constitutively Elevated Blood Serotonin Is Associated with Bone Loss and Type 2 Diabetes in Rats. PLoS One. 2016 Feb 23;11(2):e0150102.
4. Age-Related Effects of Advanced Glycation End Products (Ages) in Bone Matrix on Osteoclastic Resorption. Calcif Tissue Int. 2015 Dec;97(6):592-601.
6. Femoral Strength Changes Faster With Age Than BMD in Both Women and Men: A Biomechanical Study. J Bone Miner Res. 2015 Dec;30(12):2200-6.
8. Differential sclerostin and parathyroid hormone response to exercise in boys and men. Osteoporos Int. 2016 Mar;27(3):1245-9.
1. Human Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Modulate Experimental Autoimmune Arthritis by Modifying Early Adaptive T Cell Responses. Stem Cells. 2015 Dec;33(12):3493-503.
3. Is it necessary to strictly diagnose fibromyalgia syndrome in patients with chronic widespread pain? Clin Rheumatol. 2015 Aug;34(8):1473-9.
5. Regulation of Cholesterol Homeostasis by Hedgehog Signaling in Osteoarthritic Cartilage. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2016 Jan;68(1):127-37.
7. Can creatine supplementation improve body composition and objective physical function in rheumatoid arthritis patients? A randomized controlled trial. Arthritis Care & Research. 2016 June;68(6):729-37.
9. Rheumatoid Arthritis and Incidence of Twelve Initial Presentations of Cardiovascular Disease: A Population Record-Linkage Cohort Study in England. PLoS One. 2016 Mar 15;11(3):e0151245.
2. Highly potent and selective pyrazolylpyrimidines as Syk kinase inhibitors. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2015 Oct 15;25(20):4441-6.
4. Evaluation of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Responsiveness in Active Psoriatic Arthritis at Multiple Timepoints during the First 12 Weeks of Antitumor Necrosis Factor Therapy. J Rheumatol. 2016 Jan;43(1):75-80.
6. Limited evidence of chondrocyte outgrowth from adult human articular cartilage. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2016 Jan;24(1):124-8.
8. Combination of Intra-Articular and Intraosseous Injections of Platelet Rich Plasma for Severe Knee Osteoarthritis: A Pilot Study. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:4868613.
Osteoporosis 2015 Oct
1. Effect of Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy on the Serum Levels of Bone Turnover Markers in Women with Early-Stage Breast Cancer. PLoS One. 2015 Apr 29;10(4):e0126053.
3. Low bone mineral density in Friedreich ataxia. Cerebellum. 2014 Oct;13(5):549-57.
5. Kefir improves bone mass and microarchitecture in an ovariectomized rat model of postmenopausal osteoporosis. Osteoporosis International.2015 Feb;26(2):589-99.
7. Excess mortality associated with second hip fracture. Osteoporos Int. 2015 Jul;26(7):1903-10.
9. Increased osteogenesis in osteoporotic bone marrow stromal cells by overexpression of leptin. Cell Tissue Res. 2015 Sep;361(3):845-56.
10. Associations between the levels of sclerostin, phosphate, and fibroblast growth factor-23 and treatment with vitamin D in hemodialysis patients with low intact PTH level. Osteoporos Int. 2015 Mar;26(3):1017-28.
2. Relationship between VKORC1 single nucleotide polymorphism 1173C>T, bone mineral density & carotid intima-media thickness. Indian J Med Res. 2013 Apr;137(4):734-41.
4. Association between periodontal disease and osteoporosis by gender: a nationwide population-based cohort study. Medicine. 2015 Feb;94(7):e553.
6. Effect of whole-body vibration on calcaneal quantitative ultrasound measurements in postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trial. Calcif Tissue Int. 2014 Dec;95(6):547-56.
8. Premature changes in trabecular and cortical microarchitecture result in decreased bone strength in hemophilia. Blood. 2015 Mar 26;125(13):2160-3.
Arthritis 2015 Sept
1. Selective oral ROCK2 inhibitor down-regulates IL-21 and IL-17 secretion in human T cells via STAT3-dependent mechanism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014 Nov 25;111(47):16814-9.
3. Body mass index and functional mobility outcome following early rehabilitation after a total knee replacement: a retrospective study in Taiwan. Arthritis Care Res. 2015 May;67(6):799-808.
5. Therapeutic effects of total steroid saponin extracts from the rhizome of Dioscorea zingiberensis C.H.Wright in Freund’s complete adjuvant induced arthritis in rats. Int Immunopharmacol. 2014 Dec;23(2):407-16.
7. Epitope Specificity Determines Pathogenicity and Detectability of Anti-Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Receptor α Autoantibodies in Systemic Sclerosis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015 Jul;67(7):1891-903.
2. One-year safety of ibuprofen/famotidine fixed combination versus ibuprofen alone: pooled analyses of two 24-week randomized, double-blind trials and a follow-on extension. Curr Med Res Opin. 2015 Mar;31(3):407-20.
4. Caribbean and La Réunion Chikungunya Virus Isolates Differ in Their Capacity To Induce Proinflammatory Th1 and NK Cell Responses and Acute Joint Pathology. J Virol. 2015 Aug 1;89(15):7955-69.
6. Pretreatment Prediction of Individual Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients’ Response to Anti-Cytokine Therapy Using Serum Cytokine/Chemokine/Soluble Receptor Biomarkers. PLoS One. 2015 Jul 15;10(7):e0132055.
8. N-feruloylserotonin in preventive combination therapy with methotrexate reduced inflammation in adjuvant arthritis. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2014 Dec;28(6):616-26.
Arthritis 2015 May
Arthritis 2014 Dec
Arthritis 2013 July
Arthritis 2013 Dec
Osteoporosis 2013 Nov
Osteoporosis 2013 July
BREAKING NEWS: Editors’ Picks
- Interleukin-27 inhibits ectopic lymphoid-like structure development in early inflammatory arthritis. JEM, October 6, 2015
Described how interleukin-27 regulates the inflammatory process in lymphoid-rich rheumatoid arthritis, suggesting that targeting this cytokine might be beneficial.
- C5orf30 is a negative regulator of tissue damage in rheumatoid arthritis. PNAS, August 31, 2015
Gene regulating severity of tissue damage caused by rheumatoid arthritis identified
- Antibody-based delivery of IL4 to the neovasculature cures mice with arthritis. PNAS, August 6, 2014
In the mouse model, the combined treatment (the new antibody-IL4 fusion molecule and dexamethasone) creates a long-term cure.
- Antibiotic Exposure and Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: A Case–Control Study. Pediatrics, July 2015
Taking antibiotics may increase the risk that a child will develop juvenile arthritis, finding may offer another reason to judiciously prescribe antibiotics to children.
- Amelioration of arthritis through mobilization of peptide-specific CD8 regulatory T cells. Journal of Clinical Investigation, February 8, 2013
Rheumatoid arthritis prevented in mice: Infusions of regulatory T cells turn off autoimmune attack on joints.
- Intranuclear Actin Regulates Osteogenesis. STEM CELLS, November 16, 2015
Cytochalasin D, a naturally occurring substance, to alter gene expression in stem cells to force them to become bone.
- Hypothalamic leptin gene therapy reduces body weight without accelerating age-related bone loss. Journal of Endocrinology, October 2015
- Wrist fractures could predict susceptibility to serious fractures in postmenopausal women. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, June 2015
Study highlights importance of developing strategies to prevent future fractures after an initial wrist fracture occurs.
- IL-17A Is Increased in Humans with Primary Hyperparathyroidism and Mediates PTH-Induced Bone Loss in Mice. Cell Metabolism, October 2015
IL17A is a important player in hyperparathyroidism’s effects on bone.
- Whole genome sequencing identifies EN1 as a determinant of bone density and fracture. Nature, September 14, 2015
A genetic variant regulating a gene responsible for bone mineral density and fracture risk has been identified.
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on Fractures and Quality of Life in Postmenopausal Osteoporosis: A 10-Year Follow-Up Study. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, August 27, 2015
Growth hormone reduces risk of osteoporosis fractures in older women. Long-term follow-up study shows benefits lasted for years after randomized trial.