1. Home-based training to improve manual dexterity in patients with multiple sclerosis: A randomized controlled trial. Mult Scler. 2015 Oct;21(12):1546-56
3. Glycomacropeptide is a prebiotic that reduces Desulfovibrio bacteria, increases cecal short-chain fatty acids, and is anti-inflammatory in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015 Oct 1;309(7):G590-601.
5. A Case of Stiff Person Syndrome: Immunomodulatory Effect of Benzodiazepines: Successful Rituximab and Tizanidine Therapy. Medicine. 2015 Jun;94(23):e954.
7. Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and age-related correlations of NADPH oxidase, MMP-9, and cell adhesion molecules: The increased disease severity and blood-brain barrier permeability in middle-aged mice. J Neuroimmunol. 2015 Oct 15;287:43-53.
9. Chronic exposure to water pollutant trichloroethylene increased epigenetic drift in CD4+ T cells. Epigenomics. 2016,8(5)633-649.
2. Recovery from experimental autoimmune uveitis promotes induction of antiuveitic inducible Tregs. J Leukoc Biol. 2015 Jun;97(6):1101-9.
4. Metagenomic Analysis of Crohn’s Disease Patients Identifies Changes in the Virome and Microbiome Related to Disease Status and Therapy, and Detects Potential Interactions and Biomarkers. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2015 Nov;21(11):2515-32.
6. Aptamer BC007 for neutralization of pathogenic autoantibodies directed against G-protein coupled receptors: A vision of future treatment of patients with cardiomyopathies and positivity for those autoantibodies. Atherosclerosis. 2016 Jan;244:44-7.
8. Novel receptor-derived cyclopeptides to treat heart failure caused by anti-β1-adrenoceptor antibodies in a human-analogous rat model. PLoS One. 2015 Feb 20;10(2):e0117589.
10. Effect of a family history of Psoriasis and age on comorbidities and quality of life in patients with moderate to severe Psoriasis: Results from the ARIZONA study. J Dermatol.2016 Apr;43(4):395-401.
1. Genetic sharing and heritability of paediatric age of onset autoimmune diseases. Nat Commun. 2015 Oct 9;6:8442.
3. Impact of metabolic syndrome on the hospitalization rate of Crohn’s disease patients seen at a tertiary care center: a retrospective cohort study. Digestion. 2015;91(3):257-62.
5. Evidence that a neutrophil-keratinocyte crosstalk is an early target of IL-17A inhibition in psoriasis. Exp Dermatol. 2015 Jul;24(7):529-35.
7. MiR-126: a novel route for natalizumab action? Mult Scler. 2014 Sep;20(10):1363-70.
9. Thyroid autoimmunity as a window to autoimmunity: An explanation for sex differences in the prevalence of thyroid autoimmunity. Journal of Theoretical Biology. 2015 Jun 21;375:95-100.
2. The inhibitory effect of secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) on formation of neutrophil extracellular traps. J Leukoc Biol. 2015 Jul;98(1):99-106.
4. Ten-year follow-up of a DOCK8-deficient child with features of systemic lupus erythematosus. Pediatrics. 2014 Nov;134(5):e1458-63.
6. Obstructive sleep apnea and fatigue in patients with multiple sclerosis. J Clin Sleep Med. 2014 Feb 15;10(2):155-62.
8. Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance for assessing ileal Crohn’s disease activity. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2014 Sep;20(9):1575-83.
10. Multicontrast MRI Quantification of Focal Inflammation and Degeneration in Multiple Sclerosis. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:569123.
BREAKING NEWS: Editors’ Picks
- The DNA Sensor AIM2 Maintains Intestinal Homeostasis via Regulation of Epithelial Antimicrobial Host Defense. Cell Reports, November 19, 2015
A pathogen-sensing molecule (AIM2) plays a vital role in keeping gastrointestinal (GI) systems healthy, valuable in treating conditions such as inflammatory bowel diseases (IBDs) and colorectal cancer.
- New strategies to decrease immune responses in inflammatory bowel disease. Nature Communications, November 10, 2015
Novel insights into the expression of the ecto-enzyme CD39 on immune cells and further illuminate the role of purinergic signaling in IBD.
- Genetic sharing and heritability of paediatric age of onset autoimmune diseases. Nature Communications, October 9, 2015
Scientists have calculated more precise measurements of heritability — the influence of underlying genes — in nine autoimmune diseases that begin in childhood, better predicting a child’s risk for associated autoimmune diseases.
- MicroRNA214 is Associated with Progression of Ulcerative Colitis, and Inhibition Reduces Development of Colitis and Colitis-associated Cancer in Mice. Gastroenterology, July 23, 2015
High levels of microRNA-214 are typically seen in UC patients, who have an increased risk of developing colon cancer. A groundbreaking experimental therapy has been discovered that has the ability to suppress the development of ulcerative colitis.
- Novel mechanism for Crohn’s disease uncovered. Gut, April 23, 2015
the presence of certain intestinal bacteria also plays a role: bacterial imbalance in the gut can lead to an inflammation similar to Crohn’s disease, and this can be transmitted to other animals.