1. Impact of the New Jersey Breast Density Law on Imaging and Intervention Volumes and Breast Cancer Diagnosis. J Am Coll Radiol. 2016 Oct;13(10):1189-1194.
3. The Bisphenol A analogue Bisphenol S binds to K-Ras4B – implications for ‘BPA-free’ plastics. FEBS Letters. 2016 Feb;590(3):369–375.
5. Evaluation of different extraction methods from pomegranate whole fruit or peels and of the antioxidant and antiproliferative activity of the polyphenolic fraction. Food Chem. 2016 Jul;202:59-69
7. Cigarette smoke-induced reduction in binding of the salivary translocator protein is not mediated by free radicals. Biochimie. 2016 Feb;121:1-4.
9. How Intrinsic Molecular Dynamics Control Intramolecular Communication in the Signal Transducers and Activators of Transcription Factor STAT5. PLoS ONE. 2015 December; 10(12) : e0145142.
12. Discovery bioanalysis and in vivo pharmacology as an integrated process: a case study in oncology drug discovery. Bioanalysis. 2016 Jul;8(14):1481-98.
15. Aza-Michael Mono-addition Using Acidic Alumina under Solventless Conditions. Molecules. 2016 Jun 22;21(6).
16. Histone Methylation by Temozolomide; A Classic DNA Methylating Anticancer Drug. Anticancer Res. 2016 Jul;36(7):3289-99.
18. Health hazards of methylammonium lead iodide based perovskites: cytotoxicity studies. Toxicol Res.2016 5(2):407-419.
20. Targeting Attenuated Interferon-α to Myeloma Cells with a CD38 Antibody Induces Potent Tumor Regression with Reduced Off-Target Activity. PLoS One. 2016 Sep 9;11(9):e0162472.
21. Indomethacin sensitizes resistant transformed cells to macrophage cytotoxicity. Immunol Lett. 2016 Aug;176:1-7.
23. Role of Histological Regression Grade after two Neoadjuvant Approaches with or without Radiotherapy in Locally Advanced Gastric Cancer. Br J Cancer. 2016 Sep 6;115(6):655-63.
25. Two-dimensional in vivo rectal dosimetry using an endorectal balloon with unfoldable radiochromic film during prostate cancer radiotherapy. Radiotherapy and Oncology 120 (2016) 327–332.
2. Effect of glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists and dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors on colorectal cancer incidence and its precursors. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2016 Aug;72(8):1013-23.
4. Mucorales-Specific T Cells in Patients with Hematologic Malignancies. PLoS One. 2016 Feb 12;11(2):e0149108.
6. Improved Treatment of MT-3 Breast Cancer and Brain Metastases in a Mouse Xenograft by LRP-Targeted Oxaliplatin Liposomes. J Biomed Nanotechnol.2016 Jan;12(1):56-68
8. Low doses of gamma irradiation potentially modifies immunosuppressive tumor microenvironment by retuning tumor-associated macrophages: lesson from insulinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2016 Mar;37(3):301-13.
10. Combating autophagy is a strategy to increase cytotoxic effects of novel ALK inhibitor entrectinib in neuroblastoma cells. Oncotarget. 2016 Feb 2; 7(5): 5646–5663.
11. An optimized approach in the synthesis of imatinib intermediates and analogues. RSC Adv.2016 6(66):61458-61467.
13. Cerenkov and radioluminescence imaging of brain tumor specimens during neurosurgery. J Biomed Opt. 2016 May 1;21(5):50502.
14. L-carnosine dipeptide overcomes acquired resistance to 5-fluorouracil in HT29 human colon cancer cells via downregulation of HIF1-alpha and induction of apoptosis. Biochimie. 2016 Aug;127:196-204.
17. Expression of the receptor for hyaluronic acid mediated motility (RHAMM) is associated with poor prognosis and metastasis in non-small cell lung carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016 May 23. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.9554.
19. Genome-scale functional analysis of the human genes modulating p53 activity by regulating MDM2 expression in a p53-independent manner. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016 Sep 16;478(2):976-81.
22. Constructing and validating 3D-pharmacophore models to a set of MMP-9 inhibitors for designing novel anti-melanoma agents. Molecular Informatics, 2016 Jul;35(6-7):238-252.
24. Molecularly determined total tumour load in lymph nodes of stage I-II colon cancer patients correlates with high-risk factors. A multicentre prospective study. Virchows Arch.2016 Oct;469(4):385-94.
26. IMRT/VMAT for malignancies in the head-and-neck region : Outcome in patients aged 80. Strahlenther Onkol. 2016 Aug;192(8):526-36.
1. The Efficacy of Continued Sorafenib Treatment after Radiologic Confirmation of Progressive Disease in Patients with Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma. PLoS One. 2016 Jan 8;11(1):e0146456.
3. Targeting hedgehog signalling by arsenic trioxide reduces cell growth and induces apoptosis in rhabdomyosarcoma. Int J Oncol. 2016 Feb;48(2):801-12.
5. Evaluation of the local dose enhancement in the combination of proton therapy and nanoparticles. Med Phys. 2015 Nov;42(11):6703-10.
7. Current methods for the synthesis of homogeneous antibody-drug conjugates. Biotechnol Adv. 2015 Nov 1;33(6 Pt 1):775-84.
9. XPD, APE1, and MUTYH polymorphisms increase head and neck cancer risk: effect of gene-gene and gene-environment interactions. Tumour Biol. 2015 Sep;36(10):7569-79.
11. Increased risk of male cancer and identification of a potential prostate cancer cluster region in BRCA2. Acta Oncol. 2016 Jan;55(1):38-44.
14. High-throughput screening using patient-derived tumor xenografts to predict clinical trial drug response. Nat Med. 2015 Nov;21(11):1318-25.
16. Nanoassemblies Based on Supramolecular Complexes of Nonionic Amphiphilic Cyclodextrin and Sorafenib as Effective Weapons to Kill Human HCC Cells. Biomacromolecules 2015, 16, 3784−3791
18. Double staining of β-galactosidase with fibrosis and cancer markers reveals the chronological appearance of senescence in liver carcinogenesis induced by diethylnitrosamine. Toxicol Lett. 2016 Jan 22;241:19-31
19. Inhibition of cyclin-dependent kinase CDK1 by oxindolimine ligands and corresponding copper and zinc complexes. J Biol Inorg Chem. 2015 Oct;20(7):1205-17
21. HOXB9 induction of mesenchymal-to-epithelial transition in gastric carcinoma is negatively regulated by its hexapeptide motif. Oncotarget. 2015 Dec 15;6(40):42838-53
23. A Cytosolic Multiprotein Complex Containing p85α Is Required for β-Catenin Activation in Colitis and Colitis-associated Cancer. J Biol Chem. 2016 Feb 19;291(8):4166-77.
25. Continuous Cavitation Designed for Enhancing Radiofrequency Ablation via a Special Radiofrequency Solidoid Vaporization Process. ACS Nano. 2016 Feb 23;10(2):2549-58.
27. Surface vacuolar ATPase in ameloblastoma contributes to tumor invasion of the jaw bone. Int J Oncol. 2016 Mar;48(3):1258-70.
29. Soluble arabinoxylan enhances large intestinal microbial health biomarkers in pigs fed a red meat-containing diet. Nutrition. 2015 Apr 32(4):491-497
2. Analysis of Residual DSBs in Ataxia-Telangiectasia Lymphoblast Cells Initiating Apoptosis. BioMed Research International.2016, Article ID 8279560
4. Enhanced Expression of Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 3 IIIc Promotes Human Esophageal Carcinoma Cell Proliferation. J Histochem Cytochem. 2016 Jan;64(1):7-17.
6. What Do We Learn from Spheroid Culture Systems? Insights from Tumorspheres Derived from Primary Colon Cancer Tissue. PLoS One. 2016 Jan 8;11(1):e0146052.
8. Flow Cytometric Analysis of T, B, and NK Cells Antigens in Patients with Mycosis Fungoides. J Immunol Res. 2015;2015:856340.
10. DHA-induced stress response in human colon cancer cells – Focus on oxidative stress and autophagy. Free Radic Biol Med.2016 Jan;90:158-172
12. The human antibody fragment DIATHIS1 specific for CEACAM1 enhances natural killer cell cytotoxicity against melanoma cell lines in vitro. J Immunother. 2015 Nov-Dec;38(9):357-70.
15. Hepatic Lesions Caused by Large Granular Lymphocyte Leukemia in Fischer 344 Rats: Similar Morphologic Features and Morphogenesis to Those of Nodular Regenerative Hyperplasia (NRH) in the Human Liver. Toxicol Pathol. 2015 Aug;43(6):852-64.
17. Role of AKT and ERK pathways in controlling sensitivity to ionizing radiation and adaptive response induced by low-dose radiation in human immune cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 2015 Dec;94(12):653-60.
20.WNT/β-catenin signaling pathway and downstream modulators in low- and high-grade glioma. Cancer Genomics & Proteomics. 2016 01-02;13(1): 31-46.
22. Role of a Preorganized Scaffold Presenting Four Residues of a GM-3 Lactone Mimetic on Melanoma Progression. ACS Med Chem Lett. 2015 Nov 10;7(1):28-33
24. One-Year Outcome Comparison of Laparoscopic, Robotic, and Robotic Intrafascial Simple Prostatectomy for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. J Endourol. 2016 Mar;30(3):312-8.
26. Development of a Fluorescent Reporter System to Delineate Cancer Stem Cells in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Stem Cells. 2015 Jul;33(7):2114-25.
28. Synthesis and anticancer evaluation of spermatinamine analogues. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016 Mar 15;26(6):1629-32.
30. Tetra-O-Methyl Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid Broadly Suppresses Cancer Metabolism and Synergistically Induces Strong Anticancer Activity in Combination with Etoposide, Rapamycin and UCN-01. PLoS One. 2016 Feb 17;11(2):e0148685.
BREAKING NEWS: Editors’ Picks
- Acquisition of Portal Venous Circulating Tumor Cells From Patients With Pancreaticobiliary Cancers by Endoscopic Ultrasound. Gastroenterology, November 23, 2015
New test may improve diagnosis, treatment of pancreactic cancers: Collecting blood samples from the portal vein can provide much more information about pancreatic cancer than taking blood from vein in the arm. Researchers found circulating tumors cells in 100 percent of 18 patients with suspected tumors in the pancreas and bile ducts.
- Arthritis drug could be used to treat blood cancer sufferers. PLOS ONE, July 5, 2015
Methotrexate (MTX) can work in the same way as the drug Ruxolitinib, but is one thousandth of the cost.
- Immune Cells and Virus Team Up to Fight Cancer. Science Translational Medicine, March 5, 2014.
The findings demonstrate that localized therapy with oncolytic NDV induces inflammatory immune infiltrates in distant tumors, making them susceptible to systemic therapy with immunomodulatory antibodies, which provides a strong rationale for investigation of such combination therapies in the clinic.
- New leukemia immune cell therapy shows promise. Science Translational Medicine, February 19, 2014:
In the latest and largest clinical study yet conducted in patients with advanced leukemia, 14 of the 16 patients – that is 88% – treated with genetically modified versions of their own immune cells, achieved complete remission, at least in the short term.
- The PRKC1 and SOX2 Oncogenes Are Coamplified and Cooperate to Activate Hedgehog Signaling in Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Cancer Cell, February 10, 2014.
PKC1 and SOX2 are genetically, biochemically, and functionally linked in LSCC, and together they drive tumorigenesis by establishing a cell-autonomous Hh signaling axis.
- UHRF1 Overexpression Drives DNA Hypomethylation and Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Cancer Cell, January 30, 2014
Overexpression of UHRF1, a critical DNA methylation regulator, in zebrafish causes DNA hypomethylation, p53-mediated senescence, and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) when senescence is bypassed. UHRF1 overexpression is a mechanism underlying DNA hypomethylation in cancer cells and that senescence is a primary means of restricting tumorigenesis due to epigenetic disruption.
- Molecular Engines Star in New Model of DNA Repair. Nature, January 16, 2014.
UvrD is a transcription elongation factor that binds RNA polymerase and promotes its backwards movement when it becomes stalled at a lesion. NusA, another elongation factor, assists in promoting backtracking and helps UvrD to target other nucleotide excision repair factors to the exposed lesion.The result: fewer mutations and consequently less cancer and other kinds of disease.