1. Pericoronary Adipose Tissue as Storage and Supply Site for Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein in Human Coronary Plaques. PLoS One. 2016 Mar 24;11(3):e0150862.
3. Embryonic Exposures of Lithium and Homocysteine and Folate Protection Affect Lipid Metabolism during Mouse Cardiogenesis and Placentation. Reprod Toxicol. 2016 Jun;61:82-96.
5. Adjuvant-induced mono-arthritis potentiates cerebral hemorrhage in the spontaneously hypertensive rats. Life Sci. 2016 Apr 15;151:15-22.
7. Thoracic [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose uptake measured by positron emission tomography/computed tomography in pulmonary hypertension. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016 Jun;95(25):e3976.
9. High Morning and Bedtime Home Blood Pressures Strongly Predict for Post-Stroke Cognitive Impairment. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016 Aug;25(8):1856-63.
11. Discovering antioxidant molecules in the Archaea domain: peroxiredoxin Bcp1 from Sufolobus solfaricus protects H9c2 cardiomyoblasts against oxidative stress. Archaea. 2016 Sep 26;2016:7424870
2. Statins in Familial Hypercholesterolemia: Consequences for Coronary Artery Disease and All-Cause Mortality. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016 Jul 19;68(3):252-60.
4. Homoarginine predicts mortality in treatment-naive patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension. Int J Cardiol. 2016 Aug 15;217:12-5.
6. Eﬀect of Trimethylamine N-Oxide on Interfacial Electrostatics at Phospholipid Monolayer-Water Interfaces and Its Relevance to Cardiovascular Disease. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2016, 7, 1704−1708.
8. Oxidized Lipoprotein as a Major Vessel Cell Proliferator in Oxidized Human Serum. PLoS One. 2016 Aug 2;11(8):e0160530.
10. Impact of postconditioning with lactate-enriched blood on in-hospital outcomes of patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Int J Cardiol. 2016 Oct 1;220:146-8.
12. Clinical, angiographic profile and percutaneous endovascular management of Takayasu’s arteritis – A single centre experience. Int J Cardiol. 2016 Oct 1;220:924-8.
1. Risk of ischemic stroke during the initiation period of α-blocker therapy among older men. CMAJ. 2016 Mar 1;188(4):255-60.
3. Placental Growth Factor as a Predictor of Cardiovascular Events in Patients with CKD from the NARA-CKD Study. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015 Nov;26(11):2871-81.
5. L-Carnitine intake and high trimethylamine N-oxide plasma levels correlate with low aortic lesions in ApoE(-)(/-) transgenic mice expressing CETP. Atherosclerosis. 2016 Jan;244:29-37.
7. An antihypertensive opioid: Biphalin, a synthetic non-addictive enkephalin analog decreases blood pressure in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Pharmacol Rep. 2016 Feb;68(1):51-5
9. A Cluster-Randomized, Controlled Trial of a Simplified Multifaceted Management Program for Individuals at High Cardiovascular Risk (SimCard Trial) in Rural Tibet, China, and Haryana, India. Circulation. 2015 Sep 1;132(9):815-24.
11. Study of the effects of a diet supplemented with active components on lipid and glycemic profiles. Nutrition. 2015 Jan;31(1):180-6.
14. Association between plasma sLOX-1 concentration and arterial stiffness in middle-aged and older individuals. J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2015 Sep;57(2):151-5.
16. The Angiosome Concept Evaluated on the Basis of Microperfusion in Critical Limb Ischemia Patients-an Oxygen to See Guided Study. Microcirculation. 2015 Nov;22(8):737-43.
18. Cardiac Myxoma With Unusual Obstructive and Embolic Presentations: Concurrent Stroke and Angiography-Negative Myocardial Infarction–A Case Report. Medicine. 2015 Sep;94(38):e1602.
20. Shell matters: Magnetic targeting of SPIONs and in vitro effects on endothelial and monocytic cell function. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2015;61(2):259-77.
22. Problem-Solving Therapy During Outpatient Stroke Rehabilitation Improves Coping and Health-Related Quality of Life: Randomized Controlled Trial. Stroke. 2016 Jan;47(1):135-42.
24. Effect of diagnosis with a chronic disease on physical activity behavior in middle-aged women. Prev Med. 2016 Feb;83:56-62.
2. Lower Squalene Epoxidase and Higher Scavenger Receptor Class B Type 1 Protein Levels Are Involved in Reduced Serum Cholesterol Levels in Stroke-Prone Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats. Biol Pharm Bull. 2015;38(12):1879-90.
4. Incremental cost-effectiveness of dobutamine stress cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in patients at intermediate risk for coronary artery disease. Clin Res Cardiol. 2015 May;104(5):401-9.
6. Role of cerebellar adrenomedullin in blood pressure regulation. Neuropeptides. 2015 Dec;54:59-66.
8. Endogenous Ouabain: An Old Cardiotonic Steroid as a New Biomarker of Heart Failure and a Predictor of Mortality after Cardiac Surgery. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:714793.
10. Antifungal-Associated Drug-Induced Cardiac Disease. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Dec 1;61 Suppl 6:S662-8.
12. TGRL Lipolysis Products Induce Stress Protein ATF3 via the TGF-β Receptor Pathway in Human Aortic Endothelial Cells. PLoS ONE. 2015 Dec 28;10(12):e0145523.
15. Summer syncope syndrome redux. Am J Med. 2015 Oct;128(10):1140-3.
17. Type 2 Iodothyronine Deiodinase Activity Is Required for Rapid Stimulation of PI3K by Thyroxine in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells. Endocrinology. 2015 Nov;156(11):4312-24.
19. Vascular Repair by Tissue-Resident Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Endotoxin-Induced Lung Injury. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2015 Oct;53(4):500-12.
21. Novel Model of Pulmonary Artery Banding Leading to Right Heart Failure in Rats. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:753210
23. Dipstick proteinuria as a predictor of all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality in Bangladesh: A prospective cohort study. Prev Med. 2015 Sep;78:72-7.
25. Cotinine as a marker for risk prediction in the Ludwigshafen Risk and Cardiovascular Health Study. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2015 Apr;209:17-22.
1. Systems-level regulation of microRNA networks by miR-130/301 promotes pulmonary hypertension. J Clin Invest. 2014 Aug;124(8):3514-28.
3. Hypertension Suppression, Not a Cumulative Thrust of Quantitative Trait Loci, Predisposes Blood Pressure Homeostasis to Normotension. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2015 Aug;8(4):610-7.
5. Feasibility and clinical efficacy of left atrial ablation for the treatment of atrial tachyarrhythmias in patients with left atrial appendage closure devices. Heart Rhythm.2015 Jul;12(7):1524-1531
7. Cardiovascular disease and risk of acute pancreatitis in a population-based study. Pancreas. 2013 Aug;42(6):1011-5.
9. Site-Specific Secretome Map Evidences VSMC-Related Markers of Coronary Atherosclerosis Grade and Extent in the Hypercholesterolemic Swine. Dis Markers. 2015;2015:465242.
10. Quality of life in a cohort of familial hypercholesterolemia patients from the south of Europe. Eur J Public Health. 2014 Apr;24(2):221-5.
2. ABCA1 contributes to macrophage deposition of extracellular cholesterol. J Lipid Res. 2015 Sep;56(9):1720-6.
4. Statins reduce peri-procedural complications in carotid stenting. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2014 Dec;48(6):626-32.
6. Low density lipoprotein promotes human naïve T cell differentiation to Th1 cells. Human Immunology. 2014 July; 75(7): 621-628.
8. Viral transduction of renin rapidly establishes persistent hypertension in diverse murine strains. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2015 Sep;309(5):R467-74.
11. Social network, presence of cardiovascular events and mortality in hypertensive patients. J Hum Hypertens. 2015 Jul;29(7):417-23.
2013 Nov Stroke
2013 July Stroke
- American Stroke Association
- American Heart Association
- National Stroke Association
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
BREAKING NEWS: Editors’ Picks
- Longitudinal Effects of Dietary Sodium and Potassium on Blood Pressure in Adolescent Girls. JAMA Pediatrics, 2015 June;
Girls who consumed 2,400 mg per day or more of potassium had lower blood pressure at the end of adolescence
- Projected benefits of high blood pressure treatment in China. PLOS Medicine, August 4, 2015
An expanded program of treatment for hypertension could prevent about 800,000 cardiovascular disease (CVD) events every year in China.
- High-Sensitivity Cardiac Troponin T and Risk of Hypertension. Circulation, August 26, 2015
Analysis of blood samples from more than 5,000 people suggests that a more sensitive version of a blood test long used to verify heart muscle damage from heart attacks could also identify people on their way to developing hypertension well before the so-called silent killer shows up on a blood pressure machine.
- A novel diagnostic protocol to identify patients suitable for discharge after a single high-sensitivity troponin. Heart, 2015 Feb
A new test that rules out heart attacks in patients could reduce hospital admissions by as much as 40%, for patients with chest pain.
- Transplantation of Unique Subpopulation of Fibroblasts, Muse Cells, Ameliorates Experimental Stroke Possibly Via Robust Neuronal Differentiation. Stem Cells, 2015 Sept;
Stem cell transplantation aimed at neural repair following stroke has, for several years, been recognized as a possible way to ameliorate the effects of stroke. However, studies have shown that there are drawbacks and consequences to most stem cells tested in laboratory studies, such as the propensity for the cells to differentiate into several cell types (pluripotent) and to form tumors.
- Risk of Stroke at the Time of Carotid Occlusion. JAMA Neurology, 2015 Nov;
Preventing carotid artery occlusion (blockage) may not be a valid indication for stenting because the risk of progression to occlusion appears to be below the risk of carotid stenting or endarterectomy (surgical removal of plaque from an artery)
- The feasibility of meeting the WHO guidelines for sodium and potassium: a cross-national comparison study. BMJ Open, 2015, April 7
To reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke, the World Health Organization recommends we consume no more than 2000 mg of sodium a day — less than a teaspoon of salt.
- Reducing salt and increasing potassium will have major global health benefits. BMJ, April 5, 2013
Such a strategy will save millions of lives every year from heart disease and stroke.
- Nanoparticles that Sense Thrombin Activity as Synthetic Urinary Biomarkers of Thrombosis. ACS Nano, 2013;
Detecting dangerous blood clots, which can cause life-threatening conditions such as strokes and heart attacks, leading causes of death for men and women in the US, has been a coveted and elusive goal. But scientists are now reporting progress in the form of a simple urine test.